Short Story 5: The Tragedy of a Ruler
Short Story 5: The Tragedy of a Ruler
.
My name is "Riz," a transparent plastic ruler with neatly printed numbers along my body. I was the favorite tool of Aisyah, a diligent and creative Year 5 student. Every day, I helped her draw straight lines, measure lengths, and perfect her technical drawings.
Aisyah was full of enthusiasm, and I was proud to be her trusted ruler. She often called me her "loyal companion," and I was happy to be part of her school journey.
One day, tragedy struck. While Aisyah was working on an art project, a classmate accidentally knocked me off the desk. I fell hard onto the floor, and in that instant, I heard the cracking sound that shattered my hope. My body was now broken into two pieces, no longer able to serve as before.
Aisyah picked me up slowly, her eyes welling with tears. Yet, with a steadfast heart, she softly said, "Riz, you’re still useful." She placed my broken pieces in a special container, treating me like a cherished memory she refused to discard.
The next day, Aisyah used my intact part to draw shorter lines. "Even though you’re broken, you’re still my loyal friend," she said with a smile. Her words touched me deeply, making me realize that even in imperfection, I could still bring value to her life.
I may have been just a ruler, but my journey was full of meaning. I learned that even when we are broken, we can still make a difference to those who appreciate us.
.
Title: The Tragedy of a Ruler
Summary: A ruler faces the tragedy of breaking but continues to serve and symbolizes friendship and resilience.
Lesson: Imperfection doesn't stop us from being valuable.
Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment