Short Story 1: I Am a Pencil
Short Storry 1: I Am a Pencil
.
My name is "Beni," a simple wooden pencil with a yellow tip and a small eraser on top. I began as an ordinary piece of wood in a forest before transforming into an essential writing tool. Now, I live in the pencil case of Syauqi, a bright and cheerful fifth grader.
Syauqi is smart and lively, but he often feels insecure about his messy handwriting. Each morning, I accompany him to school, firmly held in his hand as he writes, sketches, and takes notes. I feel proud to be part of his learning journey.
However, not every day is smooth. One morning, as Syauqi hurriedly worked on his homework, I broke. My tip became dull and unusable. Syauqi looked upset, but calmly, he found a sharpener to fix me. "Don’t worry, Beni," he whispered, "we can try again."
As he sharpened me, I felt alive again. I became sharper and ready to assist Syauqi once more. That day, I learned something important: even when damaged, I could still serve Syauqi and make a difference. Each stroke I created on paper carried meaning in his life.
One day, Syauqi used me to write a letter to a friend who was feeling down. In the letter, he wrote, _"Never give up. Mistakes are part of our journey to becoming better."_
I might just be a pencil, but I have become a tool for sketching dreams, spreading kindness, and giving hope.
.
Title: I Am a Pencil
Summary: A pencil aids Syauqi in overcoming challenges, spreading hope, and contributing to his journey of learning.
Lesson: Mistakes and perseverance lead to eventual success.
Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment