Short Story 10: The Rise and Fall of a Pen



Short Story 10: The Rise and Fall of a Pen

.

My name is "Blue," a simple pen filled with deep blue ink. I was born in a pen factory and now belong to Fendi, a cheerful Year 6 student who loves writing. Every day, I help Fendi take notes in class, compose essays, and even draw small cartoons in his workbook.


I feel proud to be part of Fendi’s learning journey. But one day, my life changed when Fendi accidentally dropped me on the floor. My tip cracked, and my writing became uneven. Fendi looked disappointed, but he still kept me in his pencil case.


Unfortunately, things got worse. I was forgotten when Fendi bought a new, smoother pen. I felt sad and useless, buried in a corner of the pencil case alongside other old stationery.


Then one day, during an important assignment, Fendi’s new pen ran out of ink. In a rush, he reached for me. Although damaged, I still had enough ink to help him complete his task. At that moment, I realized I could still be of use, even in my imperfect state.


Fendi smiled and said, “Thank you, Blue. You’ll always be my favorite pen.” I felt valued once again. Even though I knew my time was limited, I was proud to have been there when Fendi needed me most.


My life as a pen has been full of ups and downs, but I’m grateful to have brought meaning to my owner’s life. 

.

Title: The Rise and Fall of a Pen

Summary: Blue Pen experienced downfall, was forgotten, but eventually helped Fendi, proving that something remains useful despite imperfections.

Lesson: Never ignore something just because it's damaged.

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?