Short Story 12: Nostalgia of a School Uniform

 


Short Story 12: Nostalgia of a School Uniform

.

I am a school uniform. A crisp white shirt and dark blue trousers belonging to Arsyad, a cheerful and smart Year 6 student. Every morning, Arsyad wears me proudly as he heads to school, filled with energy and determination. Together, we attend classes, play football, and run joyfully on the field with his friends.


However, my life isn’t always neat and clean. Sweat stains and dust often cling to my fabric after a long day. But I know Arsyad values me because he washes and irons me with care every weekend, preparing me for the next week’s adventures.


One day, Arsyad came home looking anxious. He had been chosen to deliver a speech on the last day of school. On that memorable day, I felt his nervousness as he buttoned me up. As Arsyad stepped onto the stage, holding a small note, I watched him take a deep breath. His speech was heartfelt, thanking his teachers and friends while recounting cherished memories of his school years.


That day marked the last time I was worn by Arsyad. A few weeks later, I was carefully folded and placed in a box along with other treasured items. Though I no longer accompany him to school, I take pride in witnessing Arsyad’s growth with through moments of learning, laughter with friends, and milestones that shaped him.


I now rest in storage as a keepsake of those precious years. Even though our time together has ended, I know I will always hold a special place in Arsyad’s nostalgia of his school days. 

.

Title: Nostalgia of a School Uniform

Summary: The school uniform supports Arsyad, witnessing his growth, memorable moments, and milestones shaping his journey.

Lesson: Cherished memories can live on in ordinary items. 

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?