Short Story 13 : The Secret Life of Chalk



Short Story 13 : The Secret Life of Chalk

.

My name is "Chalk," a simple white stick kept in a wooden container in the teachers' room. Nora, a bubbly Year 4 student, often sees me used by her teacher on the blackboard. Whenever the teacher writes math formulas or sketches maps, I feel proud to help share knowledge with the class.


But my life is not without challenges. Each time I am scraped against the blackboard, I grow shorter. With every word I produce, a little part of me disappears. I know that one day, I’ll become too small to be of use.


One morning, Nora ran into the classroom excitedly. She was chosen to lead a class activity. Nora picked me up to write the schedule on the board. As I worked hard, I felt myself grow weaker until, suddenly, I broke in half. Nora looked surprised but didn’t throw me away. She used my smaller half to finish the task, saying, “Even small things can still be useful.”


That day marked my last time in action. After completing my duty, Nora placed me gently back into the container with my fellow chalks. I felt proud knowing that, even in my tiny form, I was able to help Nora fulfill her role.


Now, I rest quietly, realizing that my life as a piece of chalk has brought meaning to many, especially to Nora. My secret is this: a life of sacrifice often brings happiness to others. 

.

Title: The Secret Life of Chalk

Summary: Chalk helps Nora, demonstrating that even small sacrifices can create a significant impact on others' lives.

Lesson: Small sacrifices can bring happiness to others. 

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?