Short Story 14: The Loyal Pair of Glasses
Short Story 14: The Loyal Pair of Glasses
.
I am "The Glasses," a simple pair of black plastic frames with clear lenses, belonging to Syafi, a bright but somewhat shy Year 6 student. Each morning, Syafi carefully puts me on, ensuring I fit snugly on his face before heading to school. With me, he reads books, solves problems on the whiteboard, and sees the once-blurry world with clarity.
One day, everything changed. While playing football with his friends on the school field, Syafi tripped and fell. I was flung far away, landing with a crack. One of my lenses broke, and my frame bent out of shape. I felt heartbroken, fearing that Syafi would discard me and replace me with a brand-new pair of glasses.
But Syafi wasn’t like that. He brought me home and asked his father to fix me. Although one of my lenses remained scratched, Syafi continued to wear me, saying, “You’re still my best companion, even if you’re not perfect.” His words made me feel valued and appreciated.
As time passed, I knew my days were numbered. Eventually, Syafi got a new pair of glasses. But instead of throwing me away, he placed me on the bookshelf in his study as a token of respect. Now, I quietly observe as Syafi dives into books and works toward a bright future.
Though I am no longer in use, I am proud to have played my part in Syafi’s life. Our bond is proof that love and loyalty can give even small objects like me a deeper meaning.
.
Title: The Loyal Pair of Glasses
Summary: The glasses helped Syafi, proving loyalty and love can give even small items deep meaning.
Lesson: Loyalty makes relationships more meaningful and valuable.
Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment