Short Story 15: The Sacrifice of a Drawing Paper



Short Story 15: The Sacrifice of a Drawing Paper

.

My name is "Sketchy," a blank sheet of drawing paper neatly stacked in a plastic folder on Ain's desk. Ain, a creative Year 5 student, often stares at me, dreaming of sketching something extraordinary. I eagerly wait to become the canvas for Ain’s creativity, but so far, I remain untouched, longing for the moment to shine.


One day, Ain sat sadly in the corner of her classroom. Tomorrow was the school’s art competition, and Ain hadn’t drawn anything yet. She feared her work wouldn’t be as good as her classmates’. Seeing Ain hesitate, I wished she would use me and let me help create something beautiful.


Finally, that night, Ain began drawing with her pencils and colors. She sketched a breathtaking garden filled with trees, flowers, and a radiant sun. Her gentle strokes filled me with color and life, but with each line and shade, I felt myself “sacrificed.” Still, I was happy to become part of something meaningful.


On the day of the competition, Ain held me proudly in her hands. She stood in front of the hall and shared the story behind her artwork, symbolizing hope and happiness. When her name was announced as the winner, I knew my sacrifice had been worthwhile. Even though I was now adorned with colors and no longer blank, I felt proud to be part of Ain’s achievement.


My journey as a drawing paper has ended, but this beautiful memory will live forever in Ain’s heart. 

.

Title: The Sacrifice of a Drawing Paper

Summary: The drawing paper helps Ain create artwork, showing small sacrifices lead to success and meaningful memories.

Lesson: Small sacrifices can lead to great success. 

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?