Short Story 2: The Journey of an Eraser

 


Short Story 2: The Journey of an Eraser


My name is "Edi," a small white eraser. Once, I was just a piece of raw rubber in a factory, but after undergoing a transformation, I became a neatly shaped eraser, ready to help students correct their mistakes.


Now, I live in the pencil case of Syafiah, a diligent and kind Year 6 student. Every day, I accompany her to school, assisting her in erasing small errors from her schoolwork. I feel proud every time she uses me with care.


One day, Syafiah was rushing to complete her math homework before class. In her hurry, she made a mistake on one question. Gently, she picked me up and erased her answer. "It's okay to make mistakes," she whispered with a small smile, warming my heart. It was then I felt like I truly mattered.


But my most significant moment came one morning when Syafiah lent me to her friend, Fatihah, who was feeling down after failing a test. Fatihah looked at me and said, "This eraser helps fix mistakes, just as I need to try again and improve." In that moment, I realized my role went beyond erasing. I brought hope.


Eventually, like all erasers, I grew smaller and smaller until I disappeared somewhere. Perhaps I fell out of the pencil case or got discarded, but I wasn't sad. I knew I had fulfilled my purpose. Throughout my life, I helped correct mistakes, offered hope, and taught that errors are just part of the journey.


I may have been just an eraser, but my story was one of perseverance and meaningful impact.

.

Title: The Journey of an Eraser

Summary: An eraser helps Syafiah correct mistakes, spreads hope, and symbolizes perseverance and valuable life lessons.

Lesson: Mistakes provide opportunities to learn and improve.

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?