Short Story 6 : The Story of a Useful Piece of Paper
Short Story 6 : The Story of a Useful Piece of Paper
.
My name is "Kiki," a plain white piece of paper that was once part of a green, thriving tree. After a long process in a paper mill, I became part of MadNor's exercise book, a quiet and intelligent Form 1 student who often kept to himself.
Every day, MadNor wrote notes and solved math problems on my pages. One day, he wrote a beautiful poem about friendship with me. I felt special but also sad as I watched him quietly read the poem alone in a corner of his dormitory.
It turned out that MadNor often felt isolated and unsure of how to make friends. The next day, while MadNor was asleep, his classmate, Aiman, came across the poem on me. Moved by its beauty, Aiman shared it with their classmates.
To my surprise, the poem became a topic of discussion. One by one, MadNor’s classmates started approaching him, striking up conversations and inviting him to join their activities. I saw a rare smile on MadNor's face, a moment that filled me with joy. I was no longer just an ordinary piece of paper; I had become a bridge to friendship.
Sadly, my journey took an unexpected turn. I slipped out of his book and was carried by the wind to the trash bin in a corner of the dorm. Though it was bittersweet, I felt content. I had fulfilled my purpose by helping MadNor find his place among his peers.
My life as a piece of paper may have been brief, but I take pride in having made a significant impact in someone’s life.
.
Title: The Story of a Useful Piece of Paper
Summary: A piece of paper helps MadNor build friendships, becoming a bridge connecting hearts around him meaningfully.
Lesson: Small roles can lead to big changes.
Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment