Short Story 9: The Story of a Glue Bottle



Short Story 9: The Story of a Glue Bottle

.

My name is "Gigi," a small white glue bottle with a blue cap. I was created in a factory along with thousands of other glue bottles, but now I reside in Nurul's pencil case, a creative Year 4 student who always finds joy in crafting. My life feels purposeful as Nurul uses me daily to create beautiful crafts and fix broken things.


Whenever Nurul works on a project like be it a greeting card for her teacher, an art assignment for class, or repairing a torn book. I feel proud. But deep down, I worry as I grow lighter each day, a sign that my glue is running out.


One day, tragedy struck. On her way back from art class, Nurul's pencil case fell. I rolled under a bench and remained hidden from view. I felt heartbroken, imagining Nurul searching for me but unable to find me. I didn’t want my journey to end in vain, I wanted to keep helping Nurul create magic.


A few days later, I was discovered by a cleaning staff. Luckily, they recognized Nurul and returned me to her. When she found me again, her eyes lit up with happiness, and I realized how much I meant to her, even though I was almost empty.


With the little glue left inside me, Nurul completed one final masterpiece: a vibrant poster about friendship for her class. I know my time as a glue bottle will soon come to an end, but I am grateful to have served Nurul wholeheartedly. 

.

Title: The Story of a Glue Bottle

Summary: A glue bottle aids Nurul's crafts, showcasing loyalty and purpose despite being nearly empty and forgotten.

Lesson: Small contributions can create meaningful and lasting wonders. 

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?