Short Story 16: I Am a Highlighter

Short Story 16: I Am a Highlighter 

.

In the corner of Aqil's schoolbag, I, a bright yellow highlighter, rested among pencils, pens, and rulers. My purpose was clear, to brighten important words and sentences, guiding Aqil as he studied tirelessly every evening.  


Each night, Aqil would pick me up and gently underline key phrases in his textbooks. I watched him closely, noticing how dedicated and determined he was. But there was something I saw that others couldn’t. Behind his focus lay a tired pair of eyes and a heart carrying worries far beyond his years.  


One day, during a busy evening, I slipped off the table and rolled under the bed. Days passed, and I felt forgotten. Without me, Aqil's notes grew messier, and I wished I could somehow help him. Then, on a quiet afternoon, his hand reached under the bed and found me. His smile was a mix of relief and joy, and once again, I felt purposeful.  


As the months passed, I noticed my ink running low. Each time Aqil used me, I wondered if it might be the last. But I didn’t mind, I had played my part in his journey. Finally, the day arrived when Aqil received his results. His joyful shout filled the room as he stared at his excellent grades. He placed me gently on his study table, perhaps as a silent thank-you for all the nights we’d spent together.  


Though I was just a simple highlighter, my journey alongside Aqil taught me this: even small things can leave a big impact.

.

Title: I Am a Highlighter

Summary: The story highlights a highlighter's journey aiding Aqil, showcasing how small roles contribute to success.  

Lesson: Small efforts create meaningful impacts in life.  

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang