Short Story 17: The Journey of a Crayon

Short Story 17: The Journey of a Crayon

.

In the corner of a stationery box in a dorm room, I, the red crayon, eagerly awaited my moment to be used. I often served Fatihah, a cheerful 10-year-old girl who loved to draw. She always said, "Red is bold and lively, just like how we should be!"  


Every night, Fatihah would sit at her small wooden desk, drawing everything from flowers to smiling suns. I became the heart of her artwork. But one night, I saw something different. Fatihah sat in silence for a long time before she finally whispered to herself, "Mom and Dad are busy abroad again... I miss them." Seeing her sad expression made me feel sorrowful, yet I still helped her draw a rainbow to lift her spirits.  


Days turned into weeks, and my body grew shorter because I was used almost every night. One day, I fell to the floor and got stuck under the wardrobe. I could hear Fatihah calling out for me, searching everywhere, but I could only remain silent in that dark place.  


Several weeks later, Fatihah found me again while cleaning her room. With a wide smile, she picked me up and used me to draw a big heart on a piece of paper. She wrote, "For Mom and Dad, from Fatihah." My little crayon heart, though I was just a simple crayon, felt warm. I knew I had helped Fatihah express her love to her parents.  


Though my body is much shorter now, I am happy because I have become a part of Fatihah's beautiful story.

.

Title: The Journey of a Crayon

Summary: The red crayon helps Fatihah express love through drawings, despite challenges and a temporary disappearance.  

Lesson: Love can be expressed through creativity and effort.  

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang