Short Story 22: Diary of a Calculator

Short Story 22: Diary of a Calculator



.

On my first day at school, I was brand new, shining brightly in the hands of Sofea, a determined and hardworking student. Every day, she used me to solve math problems, calculate answers, and complete her homework. I felt important, her trusted companion in learning.  


But one day, during a stressful exam, Sofea’s hands trembled. She accidentally dropped me, and I crashed onto the floor. My screen cracked, some buttons stopped working. Sofea tried to fix me, pressing my keys desperately, but I could no longer help her the way I used to.  


From that moment, I was pushed aside. Sofea sighed whenever she had to do calculations manually. I wished I could assist her again, but I sat down on the desk, collecting dust.  


Then, one afternoon, Sofea picked me up. Her eyes were filled with determination. She searched for repair tools and asked her teacher for help. With patience and care, they fixed me. My screen remained slightly cracked, but I worked again!  


Back in Sofea’s hands, I felt the warmth of purpose again. I wasn't just a calculator, but I was her loyal friend, sharing the ups and downs of her journey. From then on, we tackled every math problem together with renewed excitement.  

.

Title: Diary of a Calculator

Summary: A broken calculator is forgotten, but with patience and effort, it is repaired and becomes useful again.  

Lesson: Effort and care restore things that are valuable.  





Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang