Short Story 23: The Story of a Baton
Short Story 23: The Story of a Baton
.
In the corner of the school trophy room, I stand tall. I am a baton that was once honored and cherished. I am not just a decorated wooden stick, but a symbol of victory, teamwork, and perseverance.
Years ago, a student named Haziq held me proudly as his team won the inter-school championship. I still remember his tight grip and the sparkle in his eyes. But as time passed, new trophies arrived, and I was slowly forgotten.
One day, the school organized a storeroom cleaning session. A teacher nearly discarded me, thinking I was too old and worn out. But Haziq, now a senior student, stepped in. “This baton holds history,” he said softly, tracing the faded carvings on my surface. With patience, he polished me, restoring my shine.
As I returned to my place, I felt valued once more. I am not just a piece of wood, I am a keeper of memories, of struggles and triumphs.
.
Title: The Story of a Baton
Summary: An old, forgotten baton is finally appreciated again when someone recognizes its historical and sentimental value.
Lesson: Never overlook something that holds meaning and history.
Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment