Short Story 24: The Loyal School Bell

Short Story 24: The Loyal School Bell

.

Every morning, the school bell rings, marking the beginning of a day filled with learning. I, an old school bell, have been here for many years, witnessing countless students come and go including one of them being Nadira, a bright and hardworking student.  


Nadira loved hearing my chime. To her, I wasn’t just an ordinary bell, but a signal of hope and enthusiasm for the day ahead.  


One day, the school installed a new, modern bell. I no longer rang as I used to. Left hanging in a dusty storeroom, I was forgotten. The mornings continued, but without me without the sound that once united everyone. I missed Nadira, but I knew times had changed.  


Months passed. Nadira was now in her final year. One morning, the modern bell broke down and didn’t ring. Confusion spread across the school. Then, Nadira remembered me, the old, faithful bell. With the help of her teacher, she cleaned me, polished my surface, and brought me back to life.  


When my chime echoed through the halls again, smiles spread across the school. I wasn’t just metal and rope, i was a symbol of memories, dedication, and the precious past that should never be forgotten. Nadira looked at me with gratitude, and I knew I still had a purpose.  

.

Title: The Loyal School Bell

Summary: An old school bell is forgotten but appreciated again when its loyalty and historical value are recognized.  

Lesson: Loyalty and memories are more valuable than modernization.  

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?