Short Story 25 : I Am a Water Bottle

Short Story 25 : I Am a Water Bottle  

.

I am just a water bottle, but I am more than just a piece of plastic. I once belonged to a student named Arjuna, a determined and hardworking boy. Every day, I was filled with fresh water, accompanying him in class, on the field, and during his study sessions.  


But life isn’t always perfect. One day, during an exam rush, I fell off his desk and rolled under a bookshelf. Forgotten. Days turned into weeks, dust gathered on me, and no one reached for me. I missed being in Arjuna’s hands, hearing his laughter, and quenching his thirst when he needed me.  


Weeks later, I heard Arjuna searching around the classroom. Then, his fingers brushed against me. His eyes lit up, I wasn’t lost forever! He gently cleaned me, filled me with cold water, and I became useful once again.  


On the last day of school, Arjuna took me home. “You are more than just a water bottle,” he whispered. “You’ve been my companion all along.” I was no longer just an old bottle, I was a part of his journey, a reminder of hard work and appreciation.  

.

Title: I Am a Water Bottle 

Summary: A forgotten water bottle is finally appreciated again when its owner realizes its meaning and memories.  

Lesson: Cherish old things because memories give them meaning.

Writer: Siti Isah Ithnin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Kenapa Telinga Gajah Besar?

6. Kenapa Belakang Unta Berbonggol?

2. Kenapa Leher Zirafah Panjang