Short Story 27: I Am an Exam Paper
Short Story 27: I Am an Exam Paper
.
On the teacher’s desk, I lay among my fellow papers, waiting for my fate. I am not just an ordinary sheet. I am an exam paper, holding hopes, fears, and dreams of every student who fills my pages.
That day, I was handed to Nadia, a quiet yet hardworking sixth-grade student. Her hands trembled slightly as she picked me up. I could feel her heartbeat racing. With a pencil in her grip, she began writing, answering each question carefully, determined to give her best.
But things didn’t go smoothly. She paused midway, her eyes filled with worry. Some questions were tough, some answers felt unclear in her mind. I wanted to whisper to her, to remind her that she was trying her best, but I was only on paper. I had no voice.
Once the bell rang, I was collected with the other exam sheets. Days later, I was returned to Nadia, now covered with red marks. She gripped me tightly, and I could feel her emotions like disappointment, sadness, and a hint of frustration. A tear rolled down her cheek, soaking one of my corners.
That night, instead of feeling defeated, Nadia worked harder. She read her books, took notes, and asked her teacher about the mistakes she had made. I may have caused her sadness, but I also became her motivation to improve.
Weeks passed, and I saw a change in Nadia. When the next exam arrived, she approached it with confidence. A new exam paper replaced me, but I knew I had played a role in her journey of learning and perseverance.
.
By: Siti Isah Ithnin



Comments
Post a Comment